Monday, May 20, 2013

I Have ReThought My Self Publication

After many months of editing to make my book perfect in my own eyes I had finally taken a much needed break and began writing again. During my break I went to a local grocery store and stumbled upon a book called The Full Moon Slayer, that was written by a hometown author. Seeing their book sitting in my local grocery store made me realize that I wanted it to be my book sitting there as well.

With self-publication you never know if your book will ever see a shelf. It becomes available as an eBook and for print on demand. It could never even sell one single copy. I have decided that I want the whole package and I'm not going to settle for less. I am going to find an agent to publish the book that I have worked so hard on, and that deserves to be sitting on that shelf in the hometown author's section.

So I got a new list of agents to query and I have been sending them out again. I am dedicated to this project now, even more than I was before. I am sure that this passion will also grow for the children's book that I have recently written. I know that my books are amazing, now I just have to learn how to prove it to those agents.

For any aspiring author out there seeking advice, all I have to offer is to tell you not to sell yourself short. If your book is good, make it great. If it's great make it amazing. Eventually someone will give you the chance to make your dreams come true, if you are willing to put the work into it.

Thanks everyone for reading and I hope all of the people affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma and Kansas are safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment